We enthusiastically welcome you to the internet home of the Thurgood Marshall Law Society of Montgomery County, Ohio.
The mission of the Society shall be to advance the science of jurisprudence, improve the administration of justice, preserve the independence of the judiciary of our cities, states and nation; to uphold the honor and integrity of the legal profession; to promote the image and professional standing of the minority lawyer; to promote professional and social interaction amoung the members of the Dayton Bar, the Ohio Bar and other professional organizations; to aid all citizens regardless of race, sex or creed in their efforts to secure a free and untrammeled use of the franchise guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States
1. To encourage young, local African Americans to enter the study and practice of law, through recruitment and by raising money for scholarships and summer interns.
2. To convey appropriate legal information to the African American public by sponsoring seminars and maintaining a speakers’ bureau.
3. To improve the practice of law by encouraging its members to form partnerships.
4. To strive for continuing legal education.
5. To make the Association more widely known to the community by facilitating the exchange of ideas and information among minority members of local, state, and national associations.
6. To promote a positive image of the minority bar.
7. To involve the association in the promulgation and enactment of legislation favorable to minorities.